Thursday, January 22, 2009

Baby Geniuses

Or at least super-smart cookies. Here's the set-up. As we were eating dinner tonight, G-Dog informed us all that he had invented something.

video

And then, this:


Yes, yes, I know -- we've been compromised. Now you know my kids' first names. Bonus points if you caught all three of them.

In other news, this is what I woke up to on our snow day:



And this is how ConMan (old habits die hard -- I'll still be using the aliases) looked the entire 15 minutes he spent outside in the "snow":



And I love my boys. And I love their Daddy. You can't really see it in this picture, so let me explain: little boys are following the big one around the yard. He's just moved the Christmas tree into the burn pile, and they are connected to him as if tied to an invisible tether. I love it.



And this is from a quiet moment we had a few nights ago when the big boys fell asleep on the way home, but since MayDay had had a 3 hour nap earlier in the day, he did not. So he got to be the only kid for about 45 minutes and he chose to snuggle with Daddy for all of it.



A picture is worth a thousand words, right? HA! Try five: The Bane of My Existence! This is what I've been doing instead of blogging for the past four days:



The other day, ConMan said a blessing on our lunch. In it, he made sure to be thankful for flying carpets.

My couch smells like peanut butter. I'm a little concerned.

Thats all.

PS It has been a thoroughly unpleasant experience waiting for that second stupid video to upload to Blogger. MommyJ told me to use PhotoBucket because Blogger would take so long . . . I thought she meant, like, 45 minutes. But no. Try FOUR HOURS! On the bright side, I've folded almost all of the laundry. And did you know The Golden Girls comes on at 1AM? Who watches The Golden Girls at 1AM? I mean, most old people have been in bed for 6 hours or so, and won't wake up for another 3, and what other audience is there? Besides myself, of course. Those ladies were SASSY!

Man, I hope someone thinks that video is funny other than those people required to by a blood relationship. At least now I've figured out how to do it the fast(er) and easy way.

6 comments:

  1. ok.. that was hilarious. I loved the eat your broccoli. I love the plates that separate the food. Very smart.
    And do your kids always smile while sleeping? cute.
    Is that really your yard? Holy- I'm jealous!
    Congrats on completing that laundry. wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the laugh. I needed it. I love the randomness of this post. The video was great, but mostly I loved hearing you laugh. It's been way too long.
    Love you!
    And I got all the bonus points, thank you very much. But I already knew them anyway. LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the gratuitous "eat your broccoli" at the end of the first video cracked me up.

    Your boys are darling. And brilliant too. That is a really great invention. And you are a great mom to stop and smell the roses in the middle of dinner.

    I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to see CPod's plastic divided plate. I was hoping.

    I might be more concerned if your couch didn't smell like peanut butter. You have three boys!

    Congrats on the laundry too. That's quite an accomplishment you have there in that photo.

    ps old people get insomnia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo for getting the laundry done! And the second video was worth it! I can't believe how big your boys have gotten. (then again it has been awhile) Oh and of course I totally get bonus points (never mind the fact that I already knew their names!)
    I'm so glad you blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I LOVE the "eat your broccoli" at the end of the first video. I was laughing out loud! Do I get extra bonus points for identifying your china pattern as Poppies on Blue?!?! Jon was listening as I watched this and he said "Sounds like they've got a lot going on over there." Does that sum it up?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've missed a lot since I've been gone so I'm trying to catch up here :D

    Your boys are so cute - you know what? I just remember I've been with your little one, one time that Kelly B. had to keep him I was at her house and we played together :)

    Broccoli! Wow ... what a success, my husband is 30+ and in order for him to eat broccoli it has to have cheese on top, other wise ... doesn't work ... do I need to say more about that?

    Love the videos, your laugh ... the dynamics at your table ... Awesome!

    Laundry? wow ... and I complaint about mine - Shame on me!

    ReplyDelete

Sock it to me!