Friday, March 27, 2009

Quizzies and . . . what?

CPod took a religion course at BYU with a professor who surprised them from time to time with what he called "quizzies": brutal pop quizzes of 10 questions each. The class was small, and so the students developed a level of familiarity with one another and the professor, and all felt comfortable joking around to a certain degree.

One day, the professor, of course, sprung a "quizzie" on the class. After it was over, and they had traded papers to grade them, one young, innocent freshman girl said to the professor and class at large, "Boy! If these are your quizzies, I'd hate to see your testies!"

Oh, yes. She did. CPod says it took a minute for the awkward silence to finally degenerate into honest-to-goodness laughter, but that poor girl was never quite the same again.

12 comments:

  1. That is really funny! I laughed out loud, by myself just now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spoke at a RS dinner last night for a group of women I didn't know. The Laurels had been invited. I was talking about how being a wife and mother really was an honorable objective, and came THISCLOSE to saying, "Contrary to what the world tells you, motherhood is NOT the booby prize!"

    I stopped with the "b" already formed on my lips, and quickly switched to 'consolation' prize. But a number of the older moms could tell what I almost said, and I got the chortle anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny. See, I've been missing you. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one of my favorites stories... and Cpod has so many good ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is SO FUNNY!!! Poor girl. That is so something I would say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww... the poor girl! hehehe! Sounds like something I would've said.. except I so would've been laughing hard once I realized! Hahah! Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Corrective comment . . . I just realized that I gave credit to CPod for this story when it was actually his roommate who attended the class. Still completely true, and still completely hilarious. But in the interest of full disclosure, I must attribute it to its rightful owner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that story - CPod always has the best stories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally thought of Lew as soon as I read it...Sorry Lew but it is true. I can totally see you saying something like that...And you too Melissa! And if I am being honest I would not put it past myself either... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dude, that's hilarious.
    It's totally a mistake I'd have made at that young age.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where did you disapper to again?

    ReplyDelete

Sock it to me!