Sunday, May 30, 2010

Kindred Spiritedness

I love a good reunion.

That's where I've been this weekend -- at least, that's how it seems. It is a singularly pleasurable experience to meet people in person and have them be exactly the way you thought they would be, only better: smarter, funnier, deeper, kinder, wiser. More. Not just kindred spirits, but kindredly spirited, old friends reunited after an open-ended separation. And new friends who fit that bill, too, whose acquaintance I am happy to have made, whose blogs I will forever frequent.

Now I'm tired. And I have to fly home tomorrow with an infant who would rather be practicing her newly-developed crawling skills. Instead, I'm going to confine her to our 18 square inches of allocated space and tell her she's not allowed to use her voice -- although the sweaty fat man not charmed by her little southern rendition of "Hi" and a coy, intentional wave is a cool customer indeed.

Wish you had been here. Maybe next time?


post signature

17 comments:

  1. I adored meeting you in person. I'm already looking forward to next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited we were able to spend so much time together. Our panel rocked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally wish I could have made it out to CBC I hope next time I will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a great event. Nice to have met you in person. I like the way you write and think. Plus, you are from the east coast, so you rock for that reason alone!

    Hope you flight home was good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to go. Glad you had a good time. Do we get more updates on what happened??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is exactly how I have felt when meeting my own kindred spirits of the blogging world. I'm so glad you got the have that experience too (and here's to experiencing it with each other some day).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely next time. I so look forward to the reports!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So do we get your notes from your class or something?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was so great to meet you this weekend. What a fun, information filled time it was! I'm still trying to digest it all.
    (I hope you will blog about your flight home.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Killing me! Absolutely killing me. It sounds great. Good luck with the sweaty fat man. Having a lot of personalk knowledge with that demographic, I'm pretty confident he'll be charmed by the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  12. BAAAAAA!!! What a FUN weekend! I just can't think of a better word for it. FUN. You and MommyJ and your cute mom and your cute babies...just so awesome. The whole weekend was just so great. I wish I could have played with your little one more! She's a at an age where it's hard to keep them contained. So curious and so excited about their new skills! Like, crawling, for example!

    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love nice people on planes.

    And I love that I got to meet you. It was a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was so nice meeting you this weekend! You are are such a sweet lady! I feel I need to come over and read your blog more often!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was really struck, too, by how it was more of a reunion than a first meeting with so many of the people there. Wonderful to meet you in person.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you made it home without too much stress.
    I sure enjoyed getting to meet you.
    I really enjoyed the panel. I appreciated what you had to say.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so sad we didn't get to meet. Hopefully next time around we will. It was so neat getting to meet so many wonderful women - many of whom I feel are old friends.

    www.thefamilytrifecta.com

    ReplyDelete

Sock it to me!