Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Sad Commentary on the Current State of Affairs

In the future, when my children watch "old" movies and discover the most recent iteration of King Kong, they will think the scene with King Kong holding Naomi Watts on top of the Empire State Building is a reference to the "Attack of the 50 Foot Sister" episode of Phineas and Ferb.

Whoa. That's deep, man.


post signature

(And if you don't know anything about those two idiotically-named characters, they're brothers who, each day during summer vacation, do something absolutely outrageous -- think build a portal to Mars -- while their older sister tries to get them busted. Meanwhile, their pet platypus Perry, a secret agent, plays Candace to the sad arch-villain-wannabe Dr. Doofenschmirtz. One scheme usually cancels out the other so Candace's oblivious mom always just misses catching her sons in the act, and Dr. D's plans are always thwarted by the silent but effective Perry the Platypus, who manages to simultaneously save the Tri-State Area and protect P & F's summer vacation plans. Can you tell I've seen every episode? Frequently? I won't complain. There are definitely worse things for my kids to enjoy.)

10 comments:

  1. My dh hates that show. I secretly love it. I guess its not such a secret anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen one episode of that show and found it heeeelarious. Must see more. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We really love P&F. I'm not ashamed to say that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't ever watched this, though I stumbled across it when we were on vacation. good to know it's a good show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Moooooooooooom Phineas & Ferb broke the tile floor again!!" :) or something like that ...

    Nicolas likes P & F but Candace's voice annoys me so badly I introduce him to Scooby Doo and I think he forgot about P & F :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My younger boys love P&F, but I think it is partly because their oldest brother is named Perry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is seriously one of my favorite shows. Perry is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really should turn them on to old episodes of Tom and Jerry.
    Those were normal cartoons.
    Violence.
    Greed.
    Ya, really good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of my favorite cartoons. I love how cleverly it all comes together to foil the sister's plot to tattle tell. I am always glad to see a new episode is out.

    ReplyDelete

Sock it to me!