Friday, August 21, 2009

Tongues, Interpreted

Okay, friends. Sorry I'm late!

Here are the answers . . . followed by our winner. Who, I swear, either hacked my wireless network to steal the answers or is a really stealthy stalker. Really, I was pretty sure no one would get any of the correct answers, and I would have to do a random drawing. Not so!

Four-leaf clover:

video

Alligator:

videoAlign Center

Lemonade:

video

Elevator:

video

Leprechaun:

video

And our winner is . . . Laree! She got three answers correct, and she is the ONLY ONE who got three answers correct. Which means she wins. Yay! Laree, send me an e-mail with your logistical info and I will mail you the fabulous cilia forceps. I expect you to rave about them on your blog after you've discovered their wonders. My mom says they pluck hairs that aren't there. I tell her she needs new glasses.

Thanks for playing, everyone. It's nice to be indulged occasionally!

11 comments:

  1. I'm guessing I could have made a stab at guessing ten years ago when my kids were younger and I was in that mode of figuring out little kid talk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sitting here with my sis and she won!!!!I'm soooo jealous!!!! She did NOT hack your network, but she majored in Speech, Language Pathology!!! Yup! She's amazing and she says I can borrow the forceps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm impressed someone figured it out! My little ones have LOVED listening to MayDay over and over. They tried to say the words he was saying...too cute. Congrats and I am jealous of the winner's forceps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? I didn't even come close to any of them. Sheesh. I'm going to be in big trouble when my little man starts to talk.
    Congrats to the winner. That was fun and so hard.
    Will you do another one? I need those cilia forceps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK so I totally think this should not have been open to Speech Pathologists! Totally unfair advantage for us laymen.

    I guess I'll be a good sport. Congrats wonderful winner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss this? I'm so confused...

    Next time I'll play I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh dear, not even close ... ha ha ha.

    Love the game though

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you sure he didn't say "cow caesar"? Cuz I was pretty darn certain about that one...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! I'm bummed I missed your earlier post and didn't get to guess. After hearing what the answers are I thought it pretty much sounded like that was what he said. Cute idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sad I missed this whole contest! That's what I get for trying to keep my blogging under control.

    (Oh, and the your mom needs new glasses line cracked me up. I'm still giggling!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun contest! Too bad Christina didn't win the forceps. (I think we know where to get some though.) I think it was a pretty close contest. If not for the second guess on #4 by Laree, it woulda been a 3 way tie. We were happy to take 2nd, and be the only ones to guess #1 Four Leaf Clover. We had to watch that one like 15 times. Wait, Laree was the only one to get #3 Lemonade... Maybe #1 wasnt the hardest. Good idea Ink.. lots of fun.. see yall this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Sock it to me!