Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Big Fat Double Standard

A few weeks ago, my husband and I took our children out for lunch at "the ham store" (as the munchkins call it) that's right next door to CPod's office. As we were leaving, I advised all three little boys to throw their drinks away because we can't have non-hermetically sealed drink cups inside the car. And then I kept mine.

So, as we were walking to the car, G-Dog looks at my drink cup, looks at me, and says, "Mommy, why do you get to keep your drink but we had to throw ours away?" Now, I admit, I totally asked for what came next when I responded by saying, "Because I'm a hypocrite and I have a double standard."

He didn't miss a beat. "Oh. Can I have a drink of your double standard?"

Um, sure. And also, you can have some of my humble pie.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the laughs, Em. Keep 'em coming. It'll be wonderful to keep in touch with your family via the bloggin world, and I hope that you enjoy ours. We're not in the funny stage of life with kids yet (more the sleepless insanity phase) but my Jake is still a doll. Love to you! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a funny story! I'm Destinee Blau (from Asheville Central) we met at the women's conference earlier this year. Anyway, I found your blog through mommyj and look forward to reading! It's such a fun way to connect!

    ReplyDelete

Sock it to me!